Music is the key to any party, and can turn it from a simple get-together that quickly runs out of steam, into a truly enjoyable event that no one is keen on leaving. Here at Costello Entertainments, we provide our services to those wanting a Mobile Disco, and are well aware of some of the songs that your party cannot be without.
In this post we want to help make sure that your party is not only enjoyable for you but also for people of all ages, so we have created a list of the top five party tracks from the last five decades for your aural pleasure.
Songs That Your Party Cannot Be Without
The decade of peace, love and these beauties:
1. The Foundations – Build Me Up Buttercup
2. The Monkees – Daydream Believer
3. Jackie Wilson – (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
4. Helen Shapiro – Walkin’ Back To Happiness
5. The Beatles – Hey Jude
Any one of those is guaranteed to get the room dancing and singing.
The decade that brought us Star Wars and a whole new world of sequined clothing also bestowed this list of classics on us:
1. Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
2. ABBA – Dancing Queen
3. The Bee Gees – Stayin’ Alive
4. Fleetwood Mac – Go Your Own Way
5. Elton John – Tiny Dancer
Less of a sing along decade, but all of these will get everyone onto the dance floor.
The decade that saw names such as Michael Jackson and Madonna become household names also brought us these party classics:
1. Livin’ on a Prayer – Bon Jovi
2. Jump – Van Halen
3. Sweet Child o’ Mine – Guns and Roses
4. Thriller – Michael Jackson
5. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
If you want to see every seat empty, then the 80’s is a decade of music that you need to explore.
The real beginning of the digital age brought us a decade replete with party classics:
1. Love Shack – The B-52s
2. U Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
3. Believe (Life After Love) – Cher
4. Around the World – Daft Punk
5. Virtual Insanity – Jamiroquai
Cheesy? Yes. Classics? Absolutely!
The decade of re-unions and solo projects from huge names such as the ‘man known simply as Robbie’, the 00’s really was a bumper decade for party music:
1. Hey Ya – Outkast
2. Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
3. Hot In Here – Nelly
4. Mr Brightside – The Killers
5. I Got A feeling – Black Eyed Peas
The years between 2010 and now have undoubtedly seen many other future classics released, but what you have here are 25 songs that represent the distilled essence of party throughout the last half century, truly songs that your party cannot be without.
If you want to make sure that your party is exciting and fun, then feel free to play any one of these decades; or better yet, play them all!
For Free Advice and Guidance Contact Us or phone 0161 703 8737